GÉANT Task Forces and Special Interest Groups have always been open to new members, ideas and topics. Contrary to that, various security collaborations are often perceived as exclusive and restricted to subject experts only. To deny this myth, and in the GÉANT Community Programme’s tradition of openness and sharing, SIG-ISM (Information Security Management) is inviting everyone to a Very Open Workshop at TNC18 in Trondheim on Thursday, 14 June 2018.
SIG-ISM has been running successfully since 2015, it has been continuously growing and has some great stories to share:
- Published 2 white papers on Security Management and Risk Management
- Formed 3 working groups: Inventory for Security Officers, Guidance on Setting up and Running ISMS for NRENs and Security Awareness
- Organised 6 workshops (one of them took place in Trondheim – we look forward to coming back!)
- 3 regional groups or NREN information security experts are working on more sensitive issues: BeNeLux, Nordic and UK-Ireland
- Broke a boat, survived evacuation and a storm, lost and miraculously recovered a phone…
Everyone is welcome to join and hear more about the work done so far and the future plans. Bring your expertise and ideas, join us, let’s collaborate!
More information and registration to the meeting, click here
Please note that the workshop will take place at Uninett offices: Abels gate 5, 7030, Trondheim
PS. Oh yes, about point 5… You are going to have to come to find out!