From February 2019 to May 2020, the NGI_Trust project ran three Open Calls to fund the development of a human-centric Internet through privacy and trust enhancing technologies. These calls attracted a significant number of applications and NGI_Trust was able to fund 57 projects focused on relevant innovations. Now that all of the funding has been allocated, it is time to focus in on the funded projects and showcase their ideas and developments. NGI_Trust has started a series of webinars to do just this – and also to help build a community of innovators among the projects through shared ideas and principles.
In November 2020, our first webinar focused on the most recently funded Call 3 projects. Each of the projects had the opportunity to give a 5 minute pitch to a virtual room of experts from the EC, the family of NGI Projects and from the NGI_Trust coaches and mentors. All of the pitches can be found on the webinar page and we will be working closely with these projects over the upcoming months to support them on their development path.
Our second webinar in December 2020 took us back to the beginning of NGI_Trust as we had a chance to celebrate some of the projects funded in Call 1 that have now finished their project deliverables. We were joined by 5 projects: DECTS, Deep Learning, Edge-TINC, ISIBUD and MyPCH to learn about their results and hear their plans for next steps in developments. Some of the highlights from these projects include:
- DECTS: the Deaf Emergency Chat and Training System supports consent management technology for sensitive data exchange, particularly during emergency chat scenarios. The service is now live in Austria and is building on additional funding from NGI DAPSI to support a Digital Immunization Passport.
- Deep Learning from Sensifai has created a privacy preserving video / image enhancement app that can be used completely offline.
- The Edge-TINC Project is focusing on supporting data for autonomous vehicles and has built a platform to allow the automotive industry to manage the roughly 4000 GB a data a day the average automated vehicle receives.
- ISIBUD from Better Internet Search has developed a human-centric privacy preserving search engine and is supporting the innovation of this platform via an Indiegogo campaign that has already exceeded its funding goals.
- MyPCH supports the standardised exchange of health data from smart devices – such as glucose monitors – to personal data stores and then on to appropriate clinical and research settings. The project has attracted a range of additional funding and Diabetes.Services has been recognised by MyData Operator Awards 2020.
Presentations from all the projects can be found on the webinar page.
NGI_Trust will be continuing webinars with our projects during 2021. You can also find out more about the projects via our twitter account and through the NGI blogposts.
NGI_Trust is funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No. 825618.