As official OCRE Cloud Framework provider, Sparkle delivers integrated cloud solutions based on Google Cloud and Google Workspace for Education services blended with professional services and expert competence centre to support R&E institutions throughout their cloud adoption journey
Cloud technologies offer powerful tools to the research and education community and, with the recent push for online courses and remote learning, they are more important than ever. However, buying cloud services can be a complex process for many institutions.
By adhering to OCRE Cloud Framework, which is a powerful contractual vehicle facilitating the purchase processes, R&E institutions can benefit from Sparkle’s one-stop-solution based on Google Cloud and Google Workspace for Education services, blended with on-site professional services and expert customer support powered by Noovle, TIM Group’s centre of excellence for cloud and edge computing.
An experienced team of consultants will accompany institutions throughout the purchasing and implementation process to make sure that cloud services are perfectly integrated into their daily research activities. In addition, customers will have full control on their resources and costs through a user-friendly management console.
- Special discount programmes for OCRE Cloud framework institutions
- Service Authentication through eduGAIN, the global research and education infrastructure for Single Sign On access
- Data Egress Charges Exemption: data traffic charges are waived with no limit on the total value
- Direct connectivity with GÉANT network, leveraging on Sparkle and Google common presence in several peering points
- On-site and in local language consultancy through a network of selected partners for design and coordination of migration projects, development of cloud native applications, operations and management
- 24/7 support and introductory workshops to facilitate service on-boarding
- Management console to set Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and policies, self-order and self-provision services, and to monitoring resources, consumptions and associated costs.
“Sparkle collaborates with GÉANT since 2016 to offer the best cloud solutions to the research and education community and reduce the costs and complexity of the transition to the cloud”, says Paola Crobu, Product Manager Multicloud solutions. “With a multicloud offering, a global fiber backbone, local consultancy services and expert customer support, Sparkle is the ideal partner for R&E institutions looking for reliable and secure cloud solutions”.
Sparkle solutions will be available to OCRE cloud framework members in 27 European countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Sparkle’s cloud solutions for the European Research and Education community visit cloud.tisparkle.com.