Over the past few months, EOSC Enhance and EOSC Future have collaborated on improving the user experience on the EOSC Marketplace, reaching out to the wider community via dedicated surveys in order to assess the specific needs and challenges encountered by researchers when they look for useful resources and information.
This process involved end-users from thematic, regional and national communities across Europe, building on an increasing network that revolves around the EOSC Portal and the many other ongoing Open Science projects.
These combined efforts have brought to the definition of clearer user personas, which are helping the EOSC Portal team to produce more content specifically targeted at end-users. An improved virtual tour of the Marketplace was launched in October, and an explanatory promotional video will be released in November.
In this webinar, we will learn more about this process, the role of research communities, and take a look at the next steps for user uptake, as EOSC Enhance gets ready to hand over EOSC Portal management responsibilities fully to EOSC Future in late 2021.
Take part in the discussion and help the EOSC ecosystem grow!
Who should participate
- EOSC-related projects
- EOSC Portal users
- Research-performing organisations
- Open Science enthusiasts
- Members of the wider EOSC community
- Federico Drago (Trust-IT Services, EOSC Enhance)
- Ilaria Fava (OpenAIRE, EOSC Future)
- Anca Hienola (Finnish Meteorological Institute, EOSC Future)
- Bartosz Wilk (CYFRONET, EOSC Enhance)
- 14:00 – Federico Drago (EOSC Enhance) – Introduction to EOSC Enhance and webinar
- 14:05 – Ilaria Fava (EOSC Future) – Introduction to EOSC Future
- 14:10 – Bartosz Wilk (EOSC Enhance) – The EOSC Marketplace
- 14:25 – Anca Hienola (EOSC Future) – The user persona survey
- 14:40 – Q&A and feedback gathering via sli.do
Official page of the webinar: https://eosc-portal.eu/events/enhance-future-webinar-reaching-out-eosc-portal-users