The EOSC Future project has launched the EOSC Platform Early Adopter Programme with C-SCALE, DICE, EGI-ACE, OpenAIRE Nexus, Reliance and ARCHIVER. Research communities and service providers will have unlimited access to EOSC services and expertise. Get the support you need to scale up your research project, advance your institution or broaden the reach of your services via the EOSC platform. Apply now.
The EOSC Platform Early Adopter Programme (EOSC Platform EAP) aims to foster a culture of cooperation among researchers and providers within the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). The hands-on format of the programme will equip research communities and service providers with expert knowledge and resources, covering different services and e-infrastructures.
Beyond this in-kind support, programme participants will play an active role in EOSC development, helping to create an EOSC that serves the actual needs of European research communities in all domains.
“EOSC Future is all about delivering value to the research users. The Early Adopter Programme gives researchers the opportunity to reap early benefits from EOSC, whilst at the same time giving us valuable feedback on what we need to improve on.” commented Klaas Wierenga, Chief Information & Technology Officer at GÉANT and Technology and Integration Pillar co-Lead and TCB co-Chair in EOSC Future.
What’s in it for you?
Selected applicants will be grouped into ‘Early Adopter Projects’ with well-defined work plans and objectives (e.g. onboarding a service in EOSC, running a data analysis workflow, etc.).
Each project can have a duration of 3, 6 or 12 months.
The Early Adopter Projects will get the support they need in terms of:
- accessing technical services and resources throughout the project’s entire research life cycle
- receiving technical support from EOSC Future experts and project partners to identify, access and use the services and resources
- onboarding services to the EOSC Marketplace and making services more visible to the broader EOSC community
- benefitting from EOSC services (i.e. AAI, helpdesk, monitoring, accounting, etc.).
Please note: The programme aims to provide technical support; however, this does not include direct financial support to applicants.
Who should apply?
- providers looking to integrate their services into EOSC and, in turn, make them available to the research community at large
- research communities working to address cross-disciplinary, societal or complex research challenges with the help of EOSC resources from different disciplines or e-infrastructures
Applications are already open for the EOSC Platform EAP. Find out more here.
N.B.: A cut-off date for the 1st round of Early Adopter Projects is set for 15 May 2022. Applicants who submitted applications will be informed of the evaluation committee’s decision within 1 month.